Life is a difficult assignment
This picture hangs in our hallway at home. A beautiful gift from my mothers that reminds me that every day is a gift, that dreams are meant for living and to cherish the support from family and friends...they will keep you from falling! The poem below is one of my favorites and exemplifies this perfectly. ENJOY!
Put your hand out and ask life to dance with you!
It is never too late, you are never too old, too sick or too anything to be who you are meant to be! “Life is a difficult assignment. We are fragile creatures, expected to function at high rates of speed, and asked to accomplish great and small things each day. These daily activities take enormous amounts of energy. Most things are out of our control. We are surrounded by danger, frustration, grief, and insanity, as well as love, hope, ectasy, and wonder. Being fully human is an exercise in humility, suffering, grace, and great humor. Things and people all around us die, get broken, or are lost. There is no safety or guarantees.
The way to accomplish the assignment of truly living is to engage freely, richly, and deeply in the living of your dreams. We are made to dream and to live those dreams.” – SARK
Wellness tip # 2: How does balance in your life, love, eating, moving and thinking look like? I can tell you what it doesn't look like and that is with a controlling 100% effort! To find balance in any area of your life you have to drop the hard grip on the things you are trying to control and get busy living out loud, listening to your inner wisdom and what actually works in YOUR real life with more ease and less effort! That looks more like 80/20...NOT the "set myself up for deprivation, dissatisfaction, frustration and ultimately failure of a 100% mindset. ACTION PLAN: 80% of the time you are invested in living, eating, moving, learning, loving and taking actions that nourish you. The other 20% you are allowed to fall off the "healthy, empowered, and balance seeking" wagon and smile about it because it is part of your nourish and grow LONG TERM plan toward re-inventing balance in your life! Sorry guilt...you don't win this time!! SHARE SOME OF YOUR TIPS ON YOU FIND BALANCE IN YOUR LIFE!
WELLNESS TIP #1:
Assessing Relationships, Is it time to let go or get busy?
(Get your action plan exercise at the end)
Is it time to re-assess the time and effort you put into the relationships in your life that don't fill you up...in fact, they often leave you feeling empty? Take a look at what I lovingly call "lip service" friends, people that don't support or lift you from a place of friendship and love unconditionally. People in your life you call friends but in reality they rarely show up in your life unless it's convenient for them or there's an agenda/ expectation. It can be an energy sucking, guessing game, emotional roller coaster ride that sadly takes time away from your healthy relationships. How do you spot them?
Assess: Who calls or texts you just to say hello? Who invites you to share time together with no agenda attached?, Who shows up to support you when you're down as well as celebrate your "ups" with you? Who loves you, flaws and all, just the way you are? Who makes the effort in this friendship? Does it feel imbalanced to you? Does the relationship feel like work? Do you feel included or often left out? Listen to your gut....if that friendship continually burrows a hole in your heart...it might be time to look at it a little closer and decide how much time you really want to invest in it and how much space you allow your heart to occupy for it and in some cases, it may be time to just let go trusting that the new space you've created will naturally invite abundance back in, attracting new relationships that fill you up!
BUT WAIT...What about you? If you just identified YOURSELF as a "lip service" friend to someone you care about...,lucky you...it's probably not too late! HERE'S A MANTRA TO HELP YOU OUT: I will nurture and take time for the important relationships in my life....a FAB 2015 goal!
HOMEWORK: Call or text 3 people in your life today and let them know how important they are to you! BONUS: Make a friend date, no agenda....just FILLING!
Curly girl, teacher of yoga, anatomy, healthy lifestyle coaching, facials and fascia. Passion: Teaching people how to find happiness & strength in their analog bodies & souls in this fast paced 21st century world.